Explore Jordan On A Shoestring with Encounters Travel’s 6 day tour of this ancient land.
Tour Operator: Encounters Travel
Prices From: £399
One of the Middle East’s most exciting destinations, discover Jordan on a shoestring tour with Encounters Travel.
Starting your tour in Jordan’s capital, Amman, you’ll discover the preserved ruins of the ancient Roman Jerash before venturing the world famous Dead Sea.
Here you’ll have a chance to float in the salty waters – an unforgettable experience!
The tour then heads to the scenic King Highway towards the “Rose Red City” of Petra. Along the way you’ll visit Madaba, Mount Nebo and the incredible crusader castle at Kerak.
The journey will take you up and down the Wadis – also known as deep valleys – making for some of the most spectacular scenery you will ever encounter.
Upon reaching Petra, here you’ll spend a full day as you walk through the narrow, winding Siq and make your way to the mighty Treasury, which was built more than 2000 years ago, and stands proud today, carved into the red, mountain rock.
You will have a guided tour whilst here, but will have plenty of time to explore by yourselves.
From Petra, you’ll continue south and stop at Wadi Rum, famous for its ties with Lawrence of Arabia.
Next up – a 4×4 jeep safari through the awe-inspiring desert scenery as you may your way back to Amman where the tour concludes.
What’s included in this tour of Jordan?
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in 3-star hotels (upgrades available upon request)
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a specialist tour guide for all sightseeing tours
- 4×4 Bedouin jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (worth approx. US$110)
What’s not included?
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (currently waived for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above